We don’t have any volunteering opportunities right now, but there are other ways you can help:
Could you fundraise to support our hardship fund? We use this fund to provide practical support to individual refugee women in particular need. Examples of recent help we have provided includes:
- £30 for a woman to buy food for herself and her two kids when their support was stopped
- £10 mobile phone credit for a woman who had just arrived from Calais
- £5 for a woman’s transport to a court hearing
Any support you could provide will help women who are seeking safety live with dignity. You can send donations here.
Can you help us share the voices and experiences of women who have sought asylum to a wider audience?
You could organise an event at which you could share one of our amazing short videos in which refugee women speak for themselves.
- Set Her Free: Margaret’s Story tells the story of a women in Yarl’s Wood detention centre
- The Set Her Free poem shows the wonderful refugee women we work with and the poem they have written themselves.
Let us know if you would like us to send you flyers and action sheets for such an event, and again you could ask everyone in your audience to give a donation to Women for Refugee Women.