Women for Refugee Women is seeking a new Treasurer to join its board of trustees. If you have understanding and experience of charity finance, including investment, and would like to contribute to the work of a small charity that is committed to making a difference for refugee women, we would love to hear from you. The role description and person specification are here.
Please contact us on email@example.com with your CV and a short statement about why you would like to join Women for Refugee Women by 15 June if you are interested in this role.
Other ways to get involved
Could you fundraise to support our hardship fund? We use this fund to provide practical support to individual refugee women in particular need. Examples of recent help we have provided includes:
- £30 for a woman to buy food for herself and her two kids when their support was stopped
- £10 mobile phone credit for a woman who had just arrived from Calais
- £5 for a woman’s transport to a court hearing
Any support you could provide will help women who are seeking safety live with dignity. You can send donations here.
Can you help us share the voices and experiences of women who have sought asylum to a wider audience?
You could organise an event at which you could share one of our amazing short videos in which refugee women speak for themselves.
- Set Her Free: Margaret’s Story tells the story of a women in Yarl’s Wood detention centre
- The Set Her Free poem shows the wonderful refugee women we work with and the poem they have written themselves.
Let us know if you would like us to send you flyers and action sheets for such an event, and again you could ask everyone in your audience to give a donation to Women for Refugee Women.